The Kingdom of Daytar Leamay
Deities: Lenndra, Kellan, Jakate
Granted Powers: You have made a sacred promise to refrain from one type of behavior. These vows are very strict and breaking a vow requires acts of redemption and penance. Upon taking this Domain the cleric must declare their vow and accept any punishment for breaking this vow up to and including death. Each type of vow comes with its own benefits and restrictions.
Sacred Vow of … : The Cleric must Choose a Sacred Vow and live every day of their lives with the restrictions and benefits.
Purifying touch: At 8th level your devotion to a single path has granted you a spell like ability that you can use lvl/day
Bonus Spells: 1st: Bless 2nd:Blessing of courage and life 3rd: Contagious zeal 4th: Blessings of fervor, 5th: Serenity, 6th: Joyful rapture, 7th: waves of ecstasy, 8th: nine lives 9th: overwhelming presence.
- Food Restriction: The Cleric gives up a single major food group (Meat, Vegetables, Breads) that is normally a part of their diet. The cleric takes a -1 to their Constitution score but gains a + 1/ 4 lvls Wis Bonus. Purifying touch: create food and water
- Hygiene: The cleric maintains perfect hygiene, cleanliness, shaving or otherwise self grooming to maintain perfection. Cleric must spend an extra hour a day outside of their normal mediation just to groom themselves or their surroundings. The Cleric gains a + 1/ 4 lvls Charisma Bonus. Purifying touch: Remove Disease
- Chasity: The Cleric does not engage in sexual or intimate behavior, forgoes ever having a family, heirs or children. The cleric takes a – 1 to Charisma but gains a + 1/ 4 lvls Wis Bonus. Purifying touch: Magic vestments
- Passivism: The cleric does not engage in violence unless absolutely necessary and then may only inflict non-lethal damage in defense. All the clerics physical attacks deal double damage, but all the damage is non-lethal. Purifying touch: Protection from energy
- Poverty: The cleric may not have more than 10Gp in cash nor own anything for themselves more than a few sentimental trinkets and their holy item. All monies, and treasures are donated to the church which in turns provides for their needs. Purifying touch: Remove Curse
- Defense: you will give your life to defend a specific group of people from attack or harm (elderly, towns folk, children, women), you must always intercede on their behalf even when they deserve it. Gain a +1/5 lvls AC deflection bonus. Purifying touch: Prayer
Breaking Vows: Clerics who break their vows lose their spells immediately and must atone for their actions. The level of the offence dictates the nature of the penance. Minor infractions, accidental exposures, and unwilling breaks can be cleansed with 3 days of purification ritual during which time the cleric can do nothing else. Willful breaks and medium infractions (like a vegetarian eating a double cheeseburger with bacon) can be purified after 10 days of penance and purifications during which he can do nothing else. These longer penances are often grueling endurance trials.
Finally should the Cleric turn his back on his faith and his vows. The betrayal can only be partly redeemed. After a year of penance, the cleric is allowed to regain his spells and abilities, but only one of his domains. He may never take another vow nor a domain to replace it, nor gain the benefits of the broken vow.